Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are very topical and seem to be used interchangeably. First, a few definitions:
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial Intelligence means computers performing tasks that normally require a human being. The goal of AI is to enable computers to do things normally done by people — in particular, things associated with human intelligence.
What is Machine Learning (ML)?
Machine Learning is an application of AI based on the idea that if machines have access to data they can learn for themselves. Machine learning is a type of AI that enables computers to learn without being programmed by a human – for example, how to perform a specific task.
What is Data Science?
Data science is an interdisciplinary field focused on various scientific methods, processes and systems used to extract knowledge or insights from structured or unstructured data.
What is an Algorithm?
An algorithm is a detailed step-by-step set of instructions or formula for solving a problem or completing a task. It is similar to a recipe where there is a self-contained sequence of actions to be performed. Algorithms can perform calculations, data processing and automated reasoning tasks.
Below are the types of artificial intelligence:
- Machine Learning – deep learning, both supervised and unsupervised.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) – the ability of a computer program to understand human speech as it is spoken
- Expert Systems – a piece of software programmed using AI techniques. Such systems use databases of expert knowledge to offer advice or make decisions.
- Vision – image recognition, machine vision
- Speech – speech to text and text to speech
- Planning – Automated planning and scheduling focused on the realization of strategies or action sequences, typically for execution by intelligent agents, autonomous robots and unmanned vehicles.
- Robotics – process automation focused on creating robots – i.e.devices that can move and react to sensory input.
Read the source article at Business2Community.com.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)